The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
穿过绿色导火索催开花朵的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
催开我绿色的年华;那炸毁树根的力
Is my destroyer.
也将我摧毁。
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
我无言以告佝偻的玫瑰
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
同样的寒冬热病压弯我的青春。
The force that drives the water through the rocks
催动流水穿石的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
催动我鲜红的血液;那驱使溪水干涸的力
Turns mine to wax.
使我血液凝结。
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
我无言以告我的血管
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.
山泉怎样被同样的嘴嘬吸。
The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动一泓池水旋转的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
拨动流沙;那牵动风向的手
Hauls my shroud sail.
扯动我尸布般的帆。
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我无言以告绞死的人
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.
我的泥土怎样制成刑吏的石灰。
The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
时间的唇如水蛭紧吸泉眼;
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
爱滴落又凝聚,而淌下的血
Shall calm her sores.
必抚慰她的伤痛。
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
我无言以告一气候的风
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.
时间怎样沿星子滴答出一个天堂。
我无言以告爱人的坟墓
And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我被褥上怎样蠕动着同样的蛆虫。
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm