秋之十四行诗钱春绮 译

Autumn SonnetRoy Campbell 译


你那明如水晶的眼睛向我询问:
Your eyes like crystal ask me, clear and mute,
“我对你有什么价值,奇怪的朋友?”
"in me, strange lover, what do you admire?"
——快乐吧,不要作声!除了太古野兽
Be lovely: hush: my heart, whom all things tire
那样的单纯,我这恼怒一切的心,
Except the candour of the primal brute,

不愿对你透露它的可怕的隐衷
Would hide from you the secret burning it
和那用火焰写成的阴暗的奇闻,
And its black legend written out in fire,
摇着我的摇篮催我长眠的女人。
O soother of the sleep that I respire!
我憎恨热情,我的精神使我苦痛!
Passion I hate, and I am hurt by wit.

我们安然相爱吧,小爱神丘比特,
Let us love gently. In his lair laid low,
暗藏在哨所,张着命运的弓矢。
Ambushed in shades, Love strings his fatal bow.
我知道那古代武库里的武器:
I know his ancient arsenal complete,

罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——哦,苍白的雏菊,
Crime, horror, lunacy — O my pale daisy!
你我不都像秋季太阳已是迟暮?
Are we not suns in Autumn, silver-hazy,
哦,如此洁白而冷冷的玛格丽特!
O my so white, so snow-cold Marguerite?


添加译本