你那明如水晶的眼睛向我询问:
They ask me— thy crystalline eyes, so acute,
“我对你有什么价值,奇怪的朋友?”
"Odd lover why am I to thee so dear?"
——快乐吧,不要作声!除了太古野兽
Be sweet and keep silent, my heart, which is sear,
那样的单纯,我这恼怒一切的心,
For all, save the rude and untutored brute,
不愿对你透露它的可怕的隐衷
Is loth its infernal depths to reveal,
和那用火焰写成的阴暗的奇闻,
And its dissolute motto engraven with fire,
摇着我的摇篮催我长眠的女人。
Oh charmer! whose arms endless slumber inspire!
我憎恨热情,我的精神使我苦痛!
I abominate passion and wit makes me ill.
我们安然相爱吧,小爱神丘比特,
So let us love gently. Within his retreat,
暗藏在哨所,张着命运的弓矢。
Foreboding, Love seeks for his arrows a prey,
我知道那古代武库里的武器:
I know all the arms of his battle array.
罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——哦,苍白的雏菊,
Delirium and loathing O pale Marguerite!
你我不都像秋季太阳已是迟暮?
Like me, art thou not an autumnal ray,
哦,如此洁白而冷冷的玛格丽特!
Alas my so white, my so cold Marguerite