从前的生活郭宏安 译

A Former LifeFrank Pearce Sturm 译


堂堂柱廊,我曾长期住在其中,
Long since, I lived beneath vast porticoes,
海的阳光给它涂上火色斑斑,
By many ocean-sunsets tinged and fired,
那些巨大的石柱挺拔而庄严,
Where mighty pillars, in majestic rows,
晚上使柱廊就象那玄武岩洞。
Seemed like basaltic caves when day expired.

海的涌浪滚动着天上的形象,
The rolling surge that mirrored all the skies
以隆重而神秘的方式混合着
Mingled its music, turbulent and rich,
它们丰富的音乐之至上和谐
Solemn and mystic, with the colours which
与我眼中反射出的多彩夕阳。
The setting sun reflected in my eyes.

那里,我在平静的快乐中悠游,
And there I lived amid voluptuous calms,
周围是蓝天、海浪、色彩的壮丽,
In splendours of blue sky and wandering wave,
和浑身散发香气的裸体奴隶,
Tended by many a naked, perfumed slave,

他们用棕榈叶凉爽我的额头,
Who fanned my languid brow with waving palms.
他们唯一的关心是深入探悉
They were my slaves — the only care they had
使我萎靡的那种痛苦的秘密。
To know what secret grief had made me sad.


添加译本