An Hour Ago乔治·麦克贝斯

一小时前梁伟文 译


I looked in the empty window
从这空空的窗望进去
Where your easel stood in shadow
你的书架立在暗影里
And the broom leaned in the corner
扫帚挨着墙角
As I left it, after sweeping,
是我打扫一番后放下的,
When we cleared away your paintings, and you packed them in the car.
那时我们正收拾你的书,你就把它们包好放在车里。

I stood there in the twilight
我站在黄昏的微光里
And I felt the surge of darkness
感觉着黑暗逐步涌来
As it flooded from the rafters
从屋椽开始涨满
And came down to touch your door
淹及你的大门
In the softening of the moonlight, and the cooling of the day.
月光缓缓融化,白昼慢慢冰凉

I remembered how the saddle
还记得那鞍架
Hung along the whitewashed wall, and
挂在一片髹成白色的墙上
The black outlines of your drawings,
衬着你画面黑色的线条
And the blurred shapes gathering volume
然后朦胧的形状逐渐成形
As you worked there in the sunlight, with a book beside you hand.
你就站在那片阳光里画着,手上拿着一本书。

I remembered how the thunder
还记得有一天我们正在闲谈
Broke one day when we were talking
雷声忽然轰响
And we rose and watched sky blacken
我们站起来,看着庭院的
In the courtyard, and the rain
一片天空变黑,雨来了,
Came and slanted down your window, and we lay and watched in slide.
斜落在你的窗上,而我们躺着观看雨点滑下。

I stood, and darkness thickened
我站着,黑暗从天顶
As it drifted from the zenith,
沉下,浓了重了,
And I felt the cold of night seep
悄悄地转身离去,
Through the thinness of my shirt
单衣纤薄,可以感受到
As I turned away in silence, and the moon shone round and full.
夜寒渗进来,而月色正洒得浑满。

I came in to this bare table
走进来在这空空的桌前
By my window, where the noise
靠在我的窗旁,外面高速公路
Of late traffic from the freeway
传来傍晚时分的车声
Shook the balance of my mind,
摇撼了我的思绪,
And I felt your image tremble, and I moved to hold it still.
我感到你的映像在震荡,于是用双手扶稳它。


添加译本