一小时之前照朗 译

An Hour Ago乔治·麦克贝斯


我望进这扇空空的窗子
I looked in the empty window
你的画架立在暗处
Where your easel stood in shadow
扫帚靠在角落里
And the broom leaned in the corner
仍是我离开前,打扫了的样子
As I left it, after sweeping,
那会儿我们清理了你的画作,你把它们打包放在车上。
When we cleared away your paintings, and you packed them in the car.

我站在那儿,在暮光中
I stood there in the twilight
感觉到黑暗的潮涌
And I felt the surge of darkness
从屋椽淌下
As it flooded from the rafters
一直触碰到你的大门
And came down to touch your door
在月色的消融,与白日的冰冷里。
In the softening of the moonlight, and the cooling of the day.

我记得,那张马鞍
I remembered how the saddle
是怎样挂在涂成雪白的墙上,还有
Hung along the whitewashed wall, and
你的画,一张张黑色的线图
The black outlines of your drawings,
模糊的形体是怎样堆聚
And the blurred shapes gathering volume
你就在那阳光里工作,还有一本书在你手边。
As you worked there in the sunlight, with a book beside you hand.

我记得那雷声
I remembered how the thunder
轰破我们那一天的闲谈
Broke one day when we were talking
我们起身,看着天空暗去
And we rose and watched sky blacken
在庭院里,而雨水
In the courtyard, and the rain
掉落、倾倒在你的窗子,而我们缓缓地躺下,观看。
Came and slanted down your window, and we lay and watched in slide.

我站着,黑暗更浓
I stood, and darkness thickened
它从天穹下坠,
As it drifted from the zenith,
我感到夜的冰寒
And I felt the cold of night seep
渗透衬衣的纤薄
Through the thinness of my shirt
当我在寂静中转身离开,月球的光亮浑圆而饱满。
As I turned away in silence, and the moon shone round and full.

我走进来,在空荡荡的桌边
I came in to this bare table
靠着我的窗子,高速路上
By my window, where the noise
晚归车流的噪音
Of late traffic from the freeway
撼动着我的思绪,
Shook the balance of my mind,
我感到你的影像在颤抖,于是我过去,抱稳了它。
And I felt your image tremble, and I moved to hold it still.


添加译本