只要我们的世界大,时间多,
Had we but world enough and time,
小姐,羞怯就算不了罪过,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
我们就坐下来,想想上哪边
We would sit down, and think which way
去散步,过我们长长的情爱天。
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
你就跑到印度的恒河旁
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
去觅红宝石:我守着潮浪
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
对洪泊湾兴叹。我会在
Of Humber would complain. I would
洪水前十年就开始把你爱,
Love you ten years before the flood,
如果你拒绝,不答应也好,
And you should, if you please, refuse
直到犹太人改信了宗教。
Till the conversion of the Jews.
我的植物性爱情的滋长
My vegetable love should grow
必许多帝国还要慢,还要广:
Vaster than empires and more slow;
一百年我都用来赞美
An hundred years should go to praise
你的眼,用来凝视你的眉;
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
两百年崇仰;每一个乳房,
Two hundred to adore each breast,
三万年才遍及其余的地方;
But thirty thousand to the rest;
每一个部分至少要一世代,
An age at least to every part,
最后一世代你的心才登台:
And the last age should show your heart.
小姐,你应有这等身价,
For, lady, you deserve this state,
我用情也不愿草草上马。
Nor would I love at lower rate.
可是我背后总听到声音:
But at my back I always hear
时间的飞轮急促的逼近;
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
而摆在我们前头的一切
And yonder all before us lie
就是永恒的无边荒野。
Deserts of vast eternity.
你的美决不会重新找到,
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
你的大理石坟窖里也短少
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
我的歌声;蛆虫会成阵
My echoing song; then worms shall try
来品尝那一瓶久藏的童贞,
That long-preserved virginity,
你的矫情化成了尘土
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
我的欲情白白的烧枯:
And into ashes all my lust;
坟墓是好地方,没有人打扰,
The grave’s a fine and private place,
可是也没有人在那里拥抱。
But none, I think, do there embrace.
因此,现在就趁你的嫩皮肤
Now therefore, while the youthful hue
还色泽新鲜,俨然像朝露,
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
趁你情愿的灵魂直冒烟,
And while thy willing soul transpires
旺盛而透出每一个皮肤眼,
At every pore with instant fires,
我们能玩就玩一个尽兴;
Now let us sport us while we may,
我们像一对发情的飞鹰
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
宁可把我们的时光一口吞,
Rather at once our time devour
不在它慢嚼的嘴里委顿。
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
让我们把全部力量,再加满
Let us roll all our strength and all
全部蜜糖,揉成了一团,
Our sweetness up into one ball,
攻破人生的铁门,一举
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
而夺得我们应得的欢喜:
Through the iron gates of life:
这样子,虽不能叫太阳停止,
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
就叫它跑个七伤八死。
Stand still, yet we will make him run.