通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力汪剑钊 译

The Force That Through the Green Fuse Drives the FlowerDylan Thomas


通过绿色茎管催动花朵的力
The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
催动我的绿色年华,毁灭树根的力
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
也是害我的刽子手。
Is my destroyer.
我缄默不语,无法告诉佝偻的玫瑰
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
正是这同样的冬天之热病毁损了我的青春。
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.

催动泉水挤过岩缝的力催动
The force that drives the water through the rocks
我鲜红的血液;那使絮叨的小溪干涸的力
Drives my red blood; that dries the mouthing streams
使我的血液凝固。
Turns mine to wax.
我缄默不语,无法对我的脉管张口,
And I am dumb to mouth unto my veins
同一双嘴唇怎样吸干了山泉。
How at the mountain spring the same mouth sucks.

搅动着一泓池水的那一只手
The hand that whirls the water in the pool
搅动起流沙;牵引狂风的手
Stirs the quicksand; that ropes the blowing wind
扯动我的尸布船帆。
Hauls my shroud sail.
我缄默不语,无法告诉走上绞架的人
And I am dumb to tell the hanging man
我的肉体制成了绞刑吏的滑石粉。
How of my clay is made the hangman's lime.

时间的嘴唇像水蛭吮吸着泉源,
The lips of time leech to the fountain head;
爱情滴落又凝聚,但流下血液
Love drips and gathers, but the fallen blood
将抚慰她的创痛。
Shall calm her sores.
我缄默不语,无法告诉变幻不定的风儿
And I am dumb to tell a weather's wind
时间怎样环绕着繁星凿出一个天穹。
How time has ticked a heaven round the stars.

我缄默不语,无法告诉情人的墓穴,
And I am dumb to tell the lover's tomb
我的床单上也蠕动着一样的蛆虫。
How at my sheet goes the same crooked worm


添加译本