不可征服光诸 译

InvictusWilliam Ernest Henley


我走进低垂的黑夜
Out of the night that covers me,
从南极到北极都如沥青般黑暗
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
无论上帝是什么样的存在
I thank whatever gods may be
我都要感谢他给了我不可征服的灵魂。
      For my unconquerable soul.

被现实落下的闸门压紧,
In the fell clutch of circumstance
我不皱眉也没有喊叫。
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
厄运的大棒狠狠砸下,
Under the bludgeonings of chance
我并没有低下血淋淋的头颅。
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

在此时此地的愠怒和眼泪之外,
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
还逡巡着恐怖的阴影。
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
然而一如继往咄咄逼人的岁月,
And yet the menace of the years
已经而且即将发现我从不畏缩。
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

无论我要走过的门是多么狭窄,
It matters not how strait the gate,
无论上天写就的判词是多么严酷,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
我都是我自己命运的主人,
I am the master of my fate,
我都是我灵魂的船长。
      I am the captain of my soul.


添加译本