Sonnet 118威廉·莎士比亚

十四行诗 第118首梁实秋 译


Like as to make our appetites more keen
像是为要使我们的胃口大开,
With eager compounds we our palate urge,
我们把辛辣的佐料送上舌端;
As to prevent our maladies unseen
又像预防潜伏的疾病到来,
We sicken to shun sickness when we purge:
我们服泻药,泻得委顿不堪;
Even so, being full of your ne’er-cloying sweetness,
同样的,饱饫了你永不变腻的温柔,
To bitter sauces did I frame my feeding,
我就把苦汁当做了我的食粮;
And, sick of welfare, found a kind of meetness
过度的幸福了,在不需要的时候,
To be diseased ere that there was true needing.
我觉得也正不妨小病一场。
Thus policy in love,t’anticipate
于是,情场上的手段,原想预防
The ills that were not, grew to faults assured,
未发生的毛病,惹出了真正的病症,
And brought to medicine a healthful state
把健康之躯变成了医疗的对象,
Which, rank of goodness, would by ill be cured.
由于健康太多,求疾病来治病;
But thence I learn, and find the lesson true,
但是从此我学到一项真的教训,
Drugs poison him that so fell sick of you.
药能毒杀一个这样饱饫你的人。


添加译本