To His Coy MistressAndrew Marvell

给羞怯的情人佚名 译


Had we but world enough and time,
只要我们的世界大,时间多,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
小姐,羞怯就算不了罪过,
We would sit down, and think which way
我们就坐下来,想想上哪边
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
去散步,过我们长长的情爱天。
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
你就跑到印度的恒河旁
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
去觅红宝石:我守着潮浪
Of Humber would complain. I would
对洪泊湾兴叹。我会在
Love you ten years before the flood,
洪水前十年就开始把你爱,
And you should, if you please, refuse
如果你拒绝,不答应也好,
Till the conversion of the Jews.
直到犹太人改信了宗教。
My vegetable love should grow
我的植物性爱情的滋长
Vaster than empires and more slow;
必许多帝国还要慢,还要广:
An hundred years should go to praise
一百年我都用来赞美
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
你的眼,用来凝视你的眉;
Two hundred to adore each breast,
两百年崇仰;每一个乳房,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
三万年才遍及其余的地方;
An age at least to every part,
每一个部分至少要一世代,
And the last age should show your heart.
最后一世代你的心才登台:
For, lady, you deserve this state,
小姐,你应有这等身价,
Nor would I love at lower rate.
我用情也不愿草草上马。
       But at my back I always hear
	可是我背后总听到声音:
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
时间的飞轮急促的逼近;
And yonder all before us lie
而摆在我们前头的一切
Deserts of vast eternity.
就是永恒的无边荒野。
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
你的美决不会重新找到,
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
你的大理石坟窖里也短少
My echoing song; then worms shall try
我的歌声;蛆虫会成阵
That long-preserved virginity,
来品尝那一瓶久藏的童贞,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
你的矫情化成了尘土
And into ashes all my lust;
我的欲情白白的烧枯:
The grave’s a fine and private place,
坟墓是好地方,没有人打扰,
But none, I think, do there embrace.
可是也没有人在那里拥抱。
       Now therefore, while the youthful hue
	因此,现在就趁你的嫩皮肤
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
还色泽新鲜,俨然像朝露,
And while thy willing soul transpires
趁你情愿的灵魂直冒烟,
At every pore with instant fires,
旺盛而透出每一个皮肤眼,
Now let us sport us while we may,
我们能玩就玩一个尽兴;
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
我们像一对发情的飞鹰
Rather at once our time devour
宁可把我们的时光一口吞,
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
不在它慢嚼的嘴里委顿。
Let us roll all our strength and all
让我们把全部力量,再加满
Our sweetness up into one ball,
全部蜜糖,揉成了一团,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
攻破人生的铁门,一举
Through the iron gates of life:
而夺得我们应得的欢喜:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
这样子,虽不能叫太阳停止,
Stand still, yet we will make him run.
就叫它跑个七伤八死。


1650
添加译本