假如我们拥有全部的世界和所有时间,
Had we but world enough and time,
我的女士,你的扭捏就不是罪过。
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
我们可以坐下来,好好思考
We would sit down, and think which way
用哪种方式谈话,度过我们漫长的春宵。
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
你在印度恒河岸边
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
发现红宝石的美丽,我在英格兰的亨伯河畔
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
伴着潮水倾诉爱意。在大洪水来临前十年
Of Humber would complain. I would
我会爱上你,
Love you ten years before the flood,
只要你高兴,你可以一直拒绝,
And you should, if you please, refuse
直到犹太人不再相信上帝。
Till the conversion of the Jews.
我植物式的爱情可以生长,
My vegetable love should grow
长得比帝国还要缓慢但更加深广;
Vaster than empires and more slow;
用一百年赞颂你的双眼,凝视你的额头;
An hundred years should go to praise
用两百年来爱抚每只乳房,
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
还需三万年在余下的部位徜徉;
Two hundred to adore each breast,
每个部位至少要一个世代,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
在最后一个世代你会敞开自己的心房。
An age at least to every part,
我的女士,你该拥有这样的荣光,
And the last age should show your heart.
我也不应爱得过于匆忙。
For, lady, you deserve this state,
但我总能听到在我背后
Nor would I love at lower rate.
疾驰来时光插翅的战车,
But at my back I always hear
而在我们面前横亘着
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
广阔永恒的沙漠。
And yonder all before us lie
你的美丽将终将无影无踪,
Deserts of vast eternity.
在你大理石的墓穴里,回荡着
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
我的歌声;然后蚯蚓
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
将要品尝你保持一生的童贞,
My echoing song; then worms shall try
你的情欲还未燃烧已成灰烬
That long-preserved virginity,
而你稀奇的荣耀将化作微尘;
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
虽然坟墓是个清静的好地方,
And into ashes all my lust;
但这里并不适合拥抱情人。
The grave’s a fine and private place,
所以啊,当朝露般
But none, I think, do there embrace.
年轻的光彩还在你脸上闪现,
Now therefore, while the youthful hue
当你热切的灵魂,
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
在每个毛孔里喷射出刹那的火焰,
And while thy willing soul transpires
在我们能动时应当迅速起身,
At every pore with instant fires,
就像欲望的鹰隼飞降九天,
Now let us sport us while we may,
让我们被时光迅速吞噬,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
千万别消磨于它的细嚼慢咽。
Rather at once our time devour
让我们把所有的力量,
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
所有的甜蜜滚成一团,
Let us roll all our strength and all
让我们穿过生命的铁门
Our sweetness up into one ball,
用蛮荒的挣扎撕扯我们的狂欢:
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
如此这般,虽然不能让我们的太阳
Through the iron gates of life:
永悬中天,我们也能让他狂野旋转。
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run.