Love (III)George Herbert

飞渡 译


Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
爱这般殷勤相邀,我的灵魂却退缩不前,
Guilty of dust and sin.
因满身的尘与罪而疚愧。
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
但爱眼明心细,自我一进门就发现
From my first entrance in,
我神情萎靡心不振,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
便又走近我,柔声询问
If I lack'd anything.
我可有所求。

"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
“客人,” 我答道,“才配到此赴宴。 ”
Love said, "You shall be he."
爱说:“你就是我的座上宾。”
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
“我,这无情无义、忘恩负义之人?噢,我的爱,
I cannot look on thee."
我怎敢面对你。”
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
爱牵起我的手,微笑着回应:
"Who made the eyes but I?"
“没有我何来这对明眸?”*

"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
“没错,主啊,但我已将它们污损;我羞愧难当
Go where it doth deserve."
让我接受应得的惩罚吧。”
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
“难道你真不知,”爱说,“是谁已背负这责罚?”
"My dear, then I will serve."
“我的爱,既是这样,我恭敬不如从命。”
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
“你当坐下,”爱说,“且吃我肉。”
So I did sit and eat.
于是我就坐,品尝。


添加译本