看荷花的記事马雁

LOTUS GAZING史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译


我們在清晨五點醒來,聽見外面的雨。
5AM, we woke to rain.
頭一天,你在花壇等我的時候,已經開始了
The day before, when we met by the flowerbed,
一些雨。現在,它們變大了,有動人的聲音。
it was raining.
而我們已經不是昨天的那兩個人。親密
Now the heavy drops move me, neither of us

the same as yesterday. This closeness
讓我們顯得更年輕,更像一對戀人。所以,

你不羞於親吻我的臉頰。此刻,我想起一句
makes us feel younger, almost a couple.
曾讓我深受感動的話,「這也許是我們一生中
You’re not too shy to kiss my cheek. At once I recall a line
最美好的時光。」一生中最幸福的,又再降臨
that touched me deep: “Perhaps the sweetest hour

in our lives.” And so it seems,
在我身上。她彷彿從來沒有中斷過,彷彿一直

埋伏在那些沒有痕跡的日期中間。我們穿過雨,
as if that part of me remained unbroken,
穿過了綠和透明。整個秋天,你的被打濕的頭髮
but buried all this time

without a trace. We strolled through rain,
都在滴水。沒有很多人看見了我們,那是一個清晨。
through green transparency. All autumn
五點,我們穿過校園,經過我看了好幾個春天的桃樹,

到起著漣漪的勺海。一勺水也做了海,我們看荷花。
your rain-wet hair kept on dripping water.
Few saw us walking the campus at 5AM
beneath peach trees I’ve awaited
spring after spring. And then the wave-lipped lake:
a sea in a spoon. But how can a spoonful
swell to an ocean? We gazed at the lotus.


添加译本