在這個雪天
Snowy day—
我無法寫出悲悼的詩句
I can’t write mournful lines.
當坐在返回哈市的公共汽車上
On the bus back to Harbin
一路上穿過寒冷和距離
all those icy miles,
望著窗外一閃而過的積雪Q
snowbanks flashing past,
我並沒有意識到正在永遠離開你
I can’t grasp I’m leaving you forever,
不,是你在永遠離開我們——
or rather you’re forever leaving us.
車上擁擠,有人咳嗽著
Someone coughs on the crowded bus,
老式馬達像濁重的呼吸
its old engine’s breath drones thick and heavy.
你臉色蠟黃,如同後來蓋著的壽布
Your face yellow wax, like the death-veil after.
在極度痛苦中度過生命最後的日子
In agony you passed the last days
50歲。當我細細回味著你的一生
of your fiftieth. Going over your life
記起了一段早已遺忘的往事
I recall something long forgotten,
有一次我們去看電影
that time at a movie
突然斷電,你說,「真掃興
when the power cut,
留下一個空白的結局。」
you said how shattering
但這一次沒有人向你退票,以後的情節
to leave the end unfinished.
也無法預知
Now no one to refund your ticket,
nor can the possible plot
be told.