曾經,大地是新的
Back when the earth was new
天堂是一聲耳語,
and heaven just a whisper,
曾經,事物的名字
back when the names of things
還來不及固定;
hadn’t had time to stick;
曾經,細密的風
back when the smallest breezes
縫合起夏天和秋天,
melted summer into autumn,
白楊樹抖動芬芳
when all the poplars quivered
縱橫有序……
sweetly in rank and file…
世界發出召喚,我答應。
the world called, and I answered.
一個眼神點燃一次凝視。
Each glance ignited to a gaze.
我吸一口氣稱之為生命,
I caught my breath and called that life,
陶醉於每一勺檸檬雪葩的味道。
swooned between spoonfuls of lemon sorbet.
我踮起腳尖旋轉,我綻放,
I was pirouette and flourish,
我是金鈿和火焰。
I was filigree and flame.
我該如何清點我的幸福
How could I count my blessings
當我不確知它們的姓名?
when I didn’t know their names?
曾經,一切醞釀著發生,
Back when everything was still to come,
幸運從每一條縫隙泄露。
luck leaked out everywhere.
我向世界許下諾言,
I gave my promise to the world,
世界追隨我至今。
and the world followed me here.