As the gale shakes the open field
現在狂風震撼著曠野
our city seems a wilderness.
我們的城市在曠野中越發孤零
It’s then we’re roused to risk,
在這樣的時刻,我們易為暴力所激
to violence. Tonight
傾向於冒險;今夜是我們
shall we ascend to heaven?
升天的時候嗎?現在天空佈滿烏雲
The sky cloaks in black clouds
現在死去的人混跡在我們中間
and the dead walk among us,
像嬰兒一樣重複著暗語
repeating like infants their secret words.
你不知道生命何其脆弱
How can you guess life’s fragility,
而脆弱的生命被怎樣的光輝包裹
its enfolding glory?
現在大雨借著狂風沖刷我們的夜色
This windborne downpour rinses all.
我越是遠離你越能呼吸到
The farther away, the more I breathe
你的存在。我的帽子丟了
your existence. Since I lost my hat
任憑頭髮倒伏在思想上
my hair has flattened on my thoughts.
我在雨中對你說話,告訴你
Through the rain, I speak to you, saying
我一個人行走在一座曠野上的城市裏
how I cross alone a city’s open field,
告訴你我所看到的燈光和汽車
seeing cars and lights.
今夜是我們升天的時候嗎?
Tonight shall we ascend to heaven?
我彷彿看到你在黑暗中爬起身來
I see you reach in darkness
拉開電燈:風暴已然過去
for the light switch. When the storm dies
現在你是另一場雨落在我的心中
you’re rain in my heart still falling.