在他的詩裡,你常認出自己
Reading his poems, you recognize yourself
一閃而逝的孤孓形象——你的氣味,
in intermittent isolated images—your scent,
你的後頸,你的髮絲,你某次佈置於
your nape, your hair, an arrangement of flowers
一張長桌正中的花束。
you once placed at the center of a long table.
它們一點點構成你被觀看的證據,
It adds to evidence that you are being seen,
但不同於觀察,
which is not the same as being watched,
後者是你所不願的。可你仍免不了
a thing you wouldn’t want. Still, you wonder
去思考那些破碎的你和她
whether the piecemeal you and she
是否真正接近你眼中的自己。
resemble at all your version of who you are.
你被看見了,但你的本質
You may be seen but your nature is to be
卻像電子菸霧般肉眼可見地消失,
disappearingly visible as vape smoke,
當你的女兒吐出沒有氣味的完美煙圈
as the scentless rings your daughter perfects
她開始將自我從你們兩人
as she begins to separate her identity from
剝離,從被看見或無視中剝離。
you both, from how or how not she is seen.