Reading his poems, you recognize yourself
在他的詩裡,你常認出自己
in intermittent isolated images—your scent,
一閃而逝的孤孓形象——你的氣味,
your nape, your hair, an arrangement of flowers
你的後頸,你的髮絲,你某次佈置於
you once placed at the center of a long table.
一張長桌正中的花束。
It adds to evidence that you are being seen,
它們一點點構成你被觀看的證據,
which is not the same as being watched,
但不同於觀察,
a thing you wouldn’t want. Still, you wonder
後者是你所不願的。可你仍免不了
whether the piecemeal you and she
去思考那些破碎的你和她
resemble at all your version of who you are.
是否真正接近你眼中的自己。
You may be seen but your nature is to be
你被看見了,但你的本質
disappearingly visible as vape smoke,
卻像電子菸霧般肉眼可見地消失,
as the scentless rings your daughter perfects
當你的女兒吐出沒有氣味的完美煙圈
as she begins to separate her identity from
她開始將自我從你們兩人
you both, from how or how not she is seen.
剝離,從被看見或無視中剝離。