一個世紀快速湮滅史春波 译

FAST IS THE CENTURY佩吉·里德, 格雷厄姆·W·里德 译


一個世紀快速湮滅。假如我是風
Fast is the century. If I were wind
我將撕下樹皮
I would have peeled the bark off the trees
和郊區樓房的外表。
and the facades off the buildings in the outskirts.

假如我是金子,我將被藏在地窖裏,
If I were gold, I would have been hidden in cellars,
埋進土堆,與壞掉的玩具為伍,
into crumbly earth and among broken toys,
父親們將把我遺忘,
I would have been forgotten by the fathers,
但兒子們永遠記得我。
and their sons would remember me forever.

假如我是一條狗,我就不會害怕
If I were a dog, I wouldn’t have been afraid of
難民,假如我是月亮
refugees, if I were a moon
死刑也不會讓我恐懼。
I wouldn’t have been scared of executions.

假如我是一只壁鐘
If I were a wall clock
我會把墻上的裂痕遮蓋。
I would have covered the cracks on the wall.

一個世紀快速湮滅。我們從小型地震中存活下來
Fast is the century. We survive the weak earthquakes
望向天空,但從來不望向大地。
watching towards the sky, yet not towards the ground.
我們推開窗感受
We open the windows to let in the air
我們從未去過之處的空氣。
of the places we have never been.
戰爭不存在,
Wars don’t exist,
因為每天都有人刺傷我們的心。
since someone wounds our heart every day.
一個世紀快速湮滅。
Fast is the century.
比說出這個詞還快。
Faster than the word.
假如我死了,每個人都會相信我
If I were dead, everyone would have believed me
因為我將保持沉默。
when I kept silent.


添加译本