FAST IS THE CENTURY佩吉·里德, 格雷厄姆·W·里德 译

一個世紀快速湮滅史春波 译


Fast is the century. If I were wind
一個世紀快速湮滅。假如我是風
I would have peeled the bark off the trees
我將撕下樹皮
and the facades off the buildings in the outskirts.
和郊區樓房的外表。

If I were gold, I would have been hidden in cellars,
假如我是金子,我將被藏在地窖裏,
into crumbly earth and among broken toys,
埋進土堆,與壞掉的玩具為伍,
I would have been forgotten by the fathers,
父親們將把我遺忘,
and their sons would remember me forever.
但兒子們永遠記得我。

If I were a dog, I wouldn’t have been afraid of
假如我是一條狗,我就不會害怕
refugees, if I were a moon
難民,假如我是月亮
I wouldn’t have been scared of executions.
死刑也不會讓我恐懼。

If I were a wall clock
假如我是一只壁鐘
I would have covered the cracks on the wall.
我會把墻上的裂痕遮蓋。

Fast is the century. We survive the weak earthquakes
一個世紀快速湮滅。我們從小型地震中存活下來
watching towards the sky, yet not towards the ground.
望向天空,但從來不望向大地。
We open the windows to let in the air
我們推開窗感受
of the places we have never been.
我們從未去過之處的空氣。
Wars don’t exist,
戰爭不存在,
since someone wounds our heart every day.
因為每天都有人刺傷我們的心。
Fast is the century.
一個世紀快速湮滅。
Faster than the word.
比說出這個詞還快。
If I were dead, everyone would have believed me
假如我死了,每個人都會相信我
when I kept silent.
因為我將保持沉默。


原作(暂缺)
添加原作