THOUGHTS ON A TROUBLED NIGHT史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

非靜夜思钟国强

for Jinghe
——給靖和

Watching you, not knowing how to read
看著你卻不知如何閱讀你
the syntax of your breath, now peaceful, now
呼吸的信息,時而平緩,時而
quick, past midnight’s window
急喘,午夜窗外
a boat motor gnawing,
船舶引擎在聒噪
night or day these human sounds
人的聲響通過擴音器
a trespass on our private space.
不分晝夜,侵入
You turn your head, eyes half open
私人的空間
as if reaching a far-off realm.
你側過頭來,眼微開

彷彿想起一些遙遠的事情……
Through the bars of your crib

I keep measuring your breaths,
隔著嬰床井然的木欄
long or short, unrhymed, softly rhythmic.
我仍在閱讀你的呼吸
The motor eats my thoughts.
長或短句,無韻,並不鏗鏘
Your cough seems to doubt
引擎在窗外
the dark’s unstoppable totality.
不斷擾亂我的思維
If night’s outside
你偶然的咳嗽
what’s in?
彷彿質疑
From the swaying boat I watch you.
夜的一切與必然
Something glints amid the waves.
夜在窗外?
窗內呢?
我在船舶的浮泛中看著你
看到波浪中彷彿一點光芒


添加译本