非靜夜思钟国强

THOUGHTS ON A TROUBLED NIGHT史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

——給靖和
for Jinghe

看著你卻不知如何閱讀你
Watching you, not knowing how to read
呼吸的信息,時而平緩,時而
the syntax of your breath, now peaceful, now
急喘,午夜窗外
quick, past midnight’s window
船舶引擎在聒噪
a boat motor gnawing,
人的聲響通過擴音器
night or day these human sounds
不分晝夜,侵入
a trespass on our private space.
私人的空間
You turn your head, eyes half open
你側過頭來,眼微開
as if reaching a far-off realm.
彷彿想起一些遙遠的事情……


Through the bars of your crib
隔著嬰床井然的木欄
I keep measuring your breaths,
我仍在閱讀你的呼吸
long or short, unrhymed, softly rhythmic.
長或短句,無韻,並不鏗鏘
The motor eats my thoughts.
引擎在窗外
Your cough seems to doubt
不斷擾亂我的思維
the dark’s unstoppable totality.
你偶然的咳嗽
If night’s outside
彷彿質疑
what’s in?
夜的一切與必然
From the swaying boat I watch you.
夜在窗外?
Something glints amid the waves.
窗內呢?
我在船舶的浮泛中看著你
看到波浪中彷彿一點光芒


添加译本