You roses, pure contradiction, your
玫瑰,純粹的矛盾,你
big silent petals suddenly shut.
靜默巨大的花瓣突然關收
Wrapped as ever in your centripetal thoughts
我一直被你向心的思維包覆
I linger at the pistils’ taste, my wings shorn.
流連蕊心的味覺,失落飛翔
Death’s own buds, you beckon
死亡長出蓓蕾,你召引我
to press close, face the gravemound
逼近並且正視你的塋塚
of decay, where sunrise won’t illuminate
你在這裏腐朽,同時升起新的焦點
that faint rose graven on the stone,
晨光無法照明碑上晦澀的玫瑰
and you demand even more explanation.
而你無時不在要求另外的詮釋
What’s life’s poetry, poetry’s life?
噢,什麼是生命的詩歌和詩歌的生命?
A bell tolls on a distant mountain,
當遠山傳來鐘聲而你委身的教堂也敲響鐘聲
where the church of your avowals rings its own
彷彿同一的聲音,相遇又遠離
as if one note, meeting yet apart
在天空的道路上,我懷著你的花蜜
across the air. In my heart, I keep your nectar,
時時穿上新的屍衣
sometimes don a shroud.