CLIMBING THE HEIGHTS史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

登高树才


At the peak, you glance back
在山頂上,當你回首
and finally collapse.
你一下子累垮了——
This great height amazes,
這罕有的高度使你暗自吃驚
the trail upward a long stream,
走過的路像一條漫長的河
yourself, your heart’s blood,
你,源頭,感到心血流空
the freshet.


你朝下看,一直看進記憶深處
You gaze down through deep memory.
山坡上空然跑滿了羚羊
On the slope, out of nowhere, clambering antelopes.
你祈禱牠們抵達山頂
You hope they reach the summit
但很快,牠們就消失在陰影中
but they slip into shadow.


像一隻握有秘密的手
Like a hand bearing a secret
在你眼前忽地一晃
flashed once before your eyes,
這些羚羊,頃刻間
they melt
又回歸虛無
into emptiness.


你走過的路,在黃昏中
This road you walked, like a river
像一條河,閃閃發光
at evening, gleams with trembled light.


添加译本