No one's despair is like my despair—
没人的绝望象我的一般—
You have no place in this garden
在这花园中没有你想那种事,
thinking such things, producing
制造向外标志的地方;显然
the tiresome outward signs; the man
那男人铲除整个一片森林,
pointedly weeding an entire forest,
那女人拖拖沓沓,拒绝换衣服
the woman limping, refusing to change
或洗她的头发。
clothes
or wash her hair.
难道你以为我在乎
如果你跟另一个人交谈?
Do you suppose I care
可我的意思是让你知道
if you speak to one another?
我期望两个更好的生物
But I mean you to know
被赋予了头脑;不然
I expected better of two creatures
你们实际上会互相关照
who were given minds: if not
至少你们会理解
that you would actually care for each
悲伤被分摊
other
在你俩之间,在你所有的仁慈里面,
at least that you would understand
对于我去认识你,就如深蓝
grief is distributed
标记着野海葱,白色标记着
between you, among all your kind, for
木紫罗兰。
me
to know you, as deep blue
marks the wild scilla, white
the wood violet.