There you are,
你好!壁虎
faithful to the ceiling,
你的虔誠刻在天花板上
your eyes threatening even in the liquid dark.
你害人的眼睛在黑暗中流來流去
How many times
我的心靈多次顫栗
my heart’s shuddered at your gaze,
落在你的注視裏
soundless, still,
不聲不響一動不動
a silence so fearful
你的沉默如此可怕
I flee the room.
使我在古老房間裏奔來跑去
When my spirit’s high,
當我容光煥發時
I nearly forget you.
我就要將你忘記
When I have a drink,
我的嘴裏含著烈性酒精香味
as night ‘s silk falls on my shoulders,
黑夜向我下垂
my striding legs feel elegant.
我的雙腿便邁得更美
But when I see you,
我來到何處?與你相遇
shy, mild thing,
你這怕人的溫馴的東西
I lose my way.
當你盯著我我盯著你
You stare, I stare,
我們的目光互相吸引
our gaze locks
異邦的心靈
across an abyss, alien souls
隔著一個未知的世界
who’ll never know
我們永遠不能了解
the other’s pain.
各自的痛苦
The nest of your dreams
你夢幻中的故鄉
can’t be the desert of my heart,
怎樣成為我內心傷感的曠野
yet both cast their shadows on the wall.
如今都雙重映照在牆壁陰影
How long have I slept? Meeting you
我死了多久?與你相遇
stuns me helpless.
當我站在這兒束手無策
Some strong hands might dare
最有力的手也敢伸出
your touch, but those tiny paws
與你相握那小小的爪子
chill me more than a monster’s.
比龐然大物更讓我恐懼
Move, gecko, move.
走吧壁虎的你