In ancient days, I’d only
在古代,我只能這樣
write letters, not knowing
給你寫信 並不知道
where we’d meet.
我們下一次
會在哪裏見面
Now I flood your email,
my characters like stars
現在 我往你的郵箱
chasing after you.
灌滿了群星 它們都是五筆字形
I care little where they land.
它們站起來 為你奔跑
它們停泊在天上的某處
In ancient days, mountains were green facts.
我並不關心
Blue water at our feet,
we’d simply clasp fists, keeping faith
在古代 青山嚴格地存在
we’d meet again.
當綠水醉倒在他的腳下
我們只不過抱一抱拳 彼此
Now you fly this place and that,
就知道後會有期
my small stars trailing through the sky,
reaching out as to a sore spot,
現在,你在天上飛來飛去
countless tries to patch
群星滿天跑 碰到你就像碰到疼處
the blue screen, though not hysterical.
它們像無數的補丁 去堵截
一個藍色屏幕 它們並不歇斯底里
In ancient days, how many poems
to be a Lao Shan Taoist, to slip into
在古代 人們要寫多少首詩?
a cup of bamboo-leaf tea,
才能變成嶗山道士 穿過牆
stride on air, pass through brick walls
穿過空氣 再穿過一杯竹葉青
and seize you. Or
抓住你 更多的時候
beat one’s head bloody.
他們頭破血流 倒地不起
Now, you thumb a phone
現在 你正撥一個手機號碼
that wafts ten thousand scents,
它發送上萬種味道
the fragrance of a distant body.
它灌入了某個人的體香
One part trembles and a whole world shakes.
當某個部位顫抖 全世界都顫抖
Ancient days weren’t like this.
在古代 我們並不這樣
We spurred the horses then, side by side,
我們只是並肩策馬 走幾十里地
covering a few miles.
當耳環玎璫作響 你微微一笑
My earrings clinked, a grin showed on your face.
低頭間 我們又走了幾十里地
We kept ours heads down, and rode.