Doll史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

玩偶翟永明


When I’m sick of black night
當我厭倦了黑夜
I sit up from dreaming, open my mouth to speak.
常常從夢裏坐起 開口說話
The little doll glitters in brown light,
小小的玩偶閃著褐光
and I speak in a voice not my own,
我說話 帶著一種不真切的口吻
muttering the nonsense I’ve always wanted to say.
我說著一直想說的胡言亂語

Like a still life, like a dark lightbulb
像靜物 也像黑暗中的燈泡
the ugly doll’s unhurried,
面目醜陋的玩偶不慌不忙
can’t guess its wild heart.
無法識別它內心的狂野
When I twist the lamp switch, dreams ignite the paper,
當我擰亮臺燈 夢在紙上燃燒
sad dreams of childhood playmates.
我的夢多麼心酸 思念我兒時的玩伴
Lying in my hand, one stitch and another
躺在我手上,一針又一針
sews its face on, its smile.
我縫著它的面孔和笑容

I dream of the night when it opens its mouth to speak
夢見未來的一夜 它開口說話
and comes to my bed,
來到我的床邊
the white bed dividing life from death,
白色的床 分開陰陽兩界
draped in the white mosquito net.
白色的蚊帳 是這玩偶的衣裳

The doll’s eyes
這玩偶的眼睛
utterly serene,
比萬物安寧
its doll dream
這玩偶的夢
drifting toward my world;
飄向我的世界
how bitter my own dreams, seeing you
我的夢多麼心酸
every night standing at my bedside,
夜夜夢見你站在床前
your hands like scissors
你的手像一把剪刀
whenever you want to hurt me.
時時要把我傷害?


添加译本