相信我,我从未想过这种生活——
I never intended to have this life, believe me—
它恰好发生。你知道狗会如何出现
It just happened. You know how dogs turn up
在农场,它们摇晃着尾巴,却无法解释。
At a farm, and they wag but can’t explain.
那还不错,如果你接受你的生活——你会发现
It’s good if you can accept your life—you’ll notice
你的脸已变得畸形,为了适应
Your face has become deranged trying to adjust
它。在你十岁时,你的脸
To it. Your face thought your life would look
以为生活如你卧室里的镜子。
Like your bedroom mirror when you were ten.
那是条清澈的河流,被山风拂过。
That was a clear river touched by mountain wind.
甚至连你的父母也不相信你的巨大变化。
Even your parents can’t believe how much you’ve changed.
冬日的麻雀,如果你曾捉到一只,所有的羽毛,
Sparrows in winter, if you’ve ever held one, all feathers,
用力冲出你的手掌,伴随一阵强烈的喜悦。
Burst out of your hand with a fiery glee.
后来你在篱笆间看到它们。老师们夸奖你,
You see them later in hedges. Teachers praise you,
而你再也回不到那个冬天,再也找不到那只麻雀。
But you can’t quite get back to the winter sparrow.
你的生活像一条狗。它已饿了一路。
Your life is a dog. He’s been hungry for miles,
并非因喜欢你,只是没有办法,才走进来。
Doesn’t particularly like you, but gives up, and comes in.