MomentaryA·E·斯托林斯

刹那史春波 译


I never glimpse her but she goes
我向來只瞥見她轉身的一刻
Who had been basking in the sun,
剛才還在陽光下沐浴
Her links of chain mail one by one
身上的鎖子甲光輝熠熠
Aglint with pewter, bronze and rose.
似白镴、青銅和玫瑰。

I never see her lying coiled
我從未見她盤臥
Atop the garden step, or under
在花園的石階上,或
A dark leaf, unless I blunder
蜷曲的葉影裏,除非陰差陽錯
And by some motion she is foiled.
某種力量將她拖延。

Too late I notice as she passes
太遲了,當我注意到她
Zither of chromatic scale—
滑過齊特琴的半音音階——
I only ever see her tail
我只窺見她的尾巴
Quicksilver into tall grasses.
像水銀沒入高草。

I know her only by her flowing,
我認識她,因為她流逝,
By her glamour disappearing
因為她的光彩
Into shadow as I’m nearing—
總在我靠近時隱匿——
I only recognize her going.
我只能認出她的背影。


添加译本