在英格蘭多多

IN ENGLAND史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译


當教堂的尖頂與城市的煙囪沉下地平線後
Its steeples, its city chimneys slide below the horizon
英格蘭的天空,比情人的低語聲還要陰暗
as England’s sky turns grayer than a lover’s murmur.
兩個盲人手風琴演奏者,垂首走過
Two blind accordionists stroll by, head down.

沒有農夫,便不會有晚禱
Without farmers, no evening prayers.
沒有墓碑,便不會有朗誦者
Without headstones, no recitations.
兩行新栽的蘋果樹,刺痛我的心
Twin rows of apple saplings stab my heart.

是我的翅膀使我出名,是英格蘭
My wings hold up my name
使我到達我被失去的地點
and England takes me where I’m tossed.
記憶,但不再留下犁溝
The furrows of memory flatten.

恥辱,那是我的地址
Shame, that’s my address.
整個英格蘭,沒有一個女人不會親嘴
In all England, not a woman who can’t kiss.
整個英格蘭,容不下我的驕傲
All England can’t contain my ego.

從指甲縫中隱藏的泥土,我
Dirt under my fingernails,
認出我的祖國——母親
what’s left of my homeland—my mother
已被打進一個小包裹,遠遠寄走……
parceled up, shipped off.


添加译本