黑鳥黄灿然 译

BlackbirdClare Cavanagh 译


一隻黑鳥棲息在電視天線上,
A blackbird sat on the TV antenna
唱著溫柔、爵士樂般的曲子。
and sang a gentle, jazzy tune.
你失去誰,我問,你哀悼什麽?
Whom have you lost, I asked, what do you mourn?
我在告別那些去世的人,黑鳥說,
I’m taking leave of those who’ve gone, the blackbird said,
我在告別這一天(它的眼和睫),
I’m parting with the day (its eyes and lashes),
我哀悼一個住在色雷斯的女孩,
I mourn a girl who lived in Thrace,
你不會認識她。
you wouldn’t know her.
我為那株凍死的柳樹感到難過。
I’m sorry for the willow, killed by frost.
我流淚,因為一切事物消逝、改變
I weep, since all things pass and alter
又重返,但永遠以另一種方式。
and return, but always in a different form.
我狹窄的喉嚨幾乎承受不了
My narrow throat can barely hold
這些急速轉變所帶來的
the grief, despair, delight, and pride
悲傷、絕望、愉悅和驕傲。
occasioned by such sweeping transformations.
一個送葬行列從前面經過,
A funeral cortege passes up ahead,
每個黃昏都是如此,在那兒,在地平線上。
the same each evening, there, on the horizon’s thread.
每個人都在那兒,我看見他們並說再見。
Everyone’s there, I see them all and bid farewell.
我看見劍、帽、頭巾和赤腳,
I see the swords, hats, kerchiefs, and bare feet,
槍、血和墨水。他們慢慢地走,
guns, blood, and ink. They walk slowly
消失在河流的霧靄裏,在右岸上。
and vanish in the river mist, on the right bank.
我告別他們和你和光,
I say goodbye to them and you and the light,
然後迎接黑夜,因為我服侍她——
and then I greet the night, since I serve her—
還有黑絲綢、黑力量。
and black silks, black powers.


添加译本