You whack me on the head with a washing stick—
你拿著棒槌敲我腦殼。
stars flood my giddy skull.
昏眩中我看見火花落在體內。
You’ve said I’m like a monkey,
我記得你曾說我像猴子,
greedy, lazy, earning others’ tears by writing poems.
貪食、懶惰,寫詩賺取別人眼淚。
No longer! Reality taught me to despise reality.
現在不啦!我已從現實學會蔑視現實。
Or should I tell you
或許,我應該告訴你,
I’ve slid backwards, gotten worse.
我如今是在後退:倒著走。
If you see my house, you’ll understand,
如果你看到我的家就能明白;
far from the city, contented with my yard,
遠離城市,滿足有院子,
I can stay three days indoors,
可以關起門來三天不出門。
sit at the window, still as a millstone.
我坐在窗前,實際上就像石碾。
I think you should sit on a cloud
我希望你能在雲端坐著。
till the moon in the yard
直到月亮從院中椿樹梢升起,
clears the limbs of the juniper,
我看見你就是月亮。
till I can be sure
直到我能夠確定你就掛在我的身體裏。
the moon suspended in my body
is you.