你拿著棒槌敲我腦殼。
You whack me on the head with a washing stick—
昏眩中我看見火花落在體內。
stars flood my giddy skull.
我記得你曾說我像猴子,
You’ve said I’m like a monkey,
貪食、懶惰,寫詩賺取別人眼淚。
greedy, lazy, earning others’ tears by writing poems.
現在不啦!我已從現實學會蔑視現實。
No longer! Reality taught me to despise reality.
或許,我應該告訴你,
Or should I tell you
我如今是在後退:倒著走。
I’ve slid backwards, gotten worse.
如果你看到我的家就能明白;
If you see my house, you’ll understand,
遠離城市,滿足有院子,
far from the city, contented with my yard,
可以關起門來三天不出門。
I can stay three days indoors,
我坐在窗前,實際上就像石碾。
sit at the window, still as a millstone.
我希望你能在雲端坐著。
I think you should sit on a cloud
直到月亮從院中椿樹梢升起,
till the moon in the yard
我看見你就是月亮。
clears the limbs of the juniper,
直到我能夠確定你就掛在我的身體裏。
till I can be sure
the moon suspended in my body
is you.