Don’t Tell Others What You Think史春波, 乔治·奥康奈尔 译

不要把你所想的告诉别人王小妮


The crowd bobs like stupid birds.
人群傻鸟般雀跃
Your face
你的脸
approaches the red curtain.
渐渐接近了红色的帷幕。
In your eyes the world grows wholly glorious.
世界被你注视得全面辉煌。
But I tell you
可我告诉你
glory
辉煌
is one of the deepest pits.
是一种最深的洞。

无数手向你舞噪时
When so many hands dance and chirp for you
会场是败园
the hall’s a withered garden,
在你的风里颓响飘摇。
in the breath of your words tottering, rustling.
想到我的提醒了吗?
Remember what I said.
穿透我的白纸
Inside my white pages
就能看见
I see at once
你那雪原灰兔的眼睛。
your eyes gray as a hare’s in a snowfield.
不能原谅那些人

萦绕住你
Unforgivable those people
盘缠住你。
hovering near you,
他们想从你集聚的
entwining you.
奕奕神态里
From your live essence
得到活着的挽救。
they crave
不要走过去。
their own salvation.
不要走近讲坛。

不要把你所想的告诉别人。
Don’t get any closer.
语言什么也不能表达。
Don’t step to the rostrum.
拉紧你的手
Don’t tell others what you think.
在你的手里我说:
Language says nothing.
除了我俩

没人想听别人的话。
I grip your hand,
由我珍藏你
speak into it:
一起绕开光荣
beyond ourselves
无声地
no one hears another.
走过正在冻结的人群。

但是,那是谁的声音
Let me keep you close,
正从空中袭来。
sheering off from glory together,
walking silent
past the frigid crowd.

But all around, waiting
to attack, whose voice.


添加译本