看來你必須慢慢
It seems you must grow
成長為死亡,
into your death slowly,
就像一雙新鞋
as if it were a pair of new shoes
在壁櫥外的地板上等候,
waiting on the closet floor,
聞起來有製成它的
smelling of the animal
動物味道,但是太大
it came from, but still too big
太硬,穿不上。
too stiff for you to wear.
此時你光著腳跳舞
Meanwhile you dance barefoot
虛弱的舞姿在假裝,
your shaky dance of pretence,
而我們與你同舞,
and we dance with you,
你腕上的脈搏
the pulses in our own wrists
嘀嗒流逝。
ticking away.
這就是身體一直等待的
In this small truce
短暫休戰,
the body waits,
它對自己開戰
having waged war on itself
已有多年。你說
for years. You say
水嘗起來像花。
the water tastes of flowers.
你踮起腳尖偷盜
You steal on tiptoe
繞過壁櫥門口。
past the closet door.