It seems you must grow
看來你必須慢慢
into your death slowly,
成長為死亡,
as if it were a pair of new shoes
就像一雙新鞋
waiting on the closet floor,
在壁櫥外的地板上等候,
smelling of the animal
聞起來有製成它的
it came from, but still too big
動物味道,但是太大
too stiff for you to wear.
太硬,穿不上。
Meanwhile you dance barefoot
此時你光著腳跳舞
your shaky dance of pretence,
虛弱的舞姿在假裝,
and we dance with you,
而我們與你同舞,
the pulses in our own wrists
你腕上的脈搏
ticking away.
嘀嗒流逝。
In this small truce
這就是身體一直等待的
the body waits,
短暫休戰,
having waged war on itself
它對自己開戰
for years. You say
已有多年。你說
the water tastes of flowers.
水嘗起來像花。
You steal on tiptoe
你踮起腳尖偷盜
past the closet door.
繞過壁櫥門口。