Last night I dreamt my father called to us.
昨晚我梦见我的父亲向我们喊叫
He was stuck somewhere. It took us
他被困在某个地方。我们花了
A long time to dress, I don't know why.
很长时间才穿上衣服,我不知道为什么。
The night was snowy; there were long black roads.
那个夜里正在下雪,道路既漫长又阴暗。
Finally, we reached the little town, Bellingham.
最终我们到达了那个叫贝林汉姆的小镇。
There he stood, by a streetlamp in cold wind,
他站在一个路灯旁边,在寒风中,
Snow blowing along the sidewalk. I noticed
大雪顺着人行道吹过来。我注意到
The uneven sort of shoes that men wore
那对人们在四十年代初穿的那种
In the early Forties. And overalls. He was smoking.
不对称的鞋子。还有工装裤。他在吸烟。
Why did it take us so long to get going? Perhaps
为什么我们会花了这么长时间才出发?兴许是
He left us somewhere once, or did I simply
他曾把我们丢在某地,还是只是我忘记了
Forget he was alone in winter in some town?
他在冬天的某个镇上形影相吊?