茶太苦了,我撈起茶包隨手放在旁邊的
The tea is bitter; I remove the bag casually
餐巾上。再低頭時,只見白色的雪地
to the napkin by my cup, and soon enough find its white field, too,
緩緩滲染了一片棕色葉子,逐漸擴大
staining steadily as a browning edge of leaf, spreading
像一個無可阻擋的黃昏,像流瀉的音樂
like the inevitable twilight, like an awareness of music,
和燈色,逐漸淹沒窗外眼睛可見的冬天
like the lamp light that is drowning in the known winter outside.
再沒法還原為一張白紙了,自從寫下字
A blank page gets ruined like this, soon as words are put down
寄出去,壓斂成為岩層,撕裂成為
and sealed, pressed into layers, or torn carefully
山丘,更破碎也更豐富,寄出的信
into shapes fragmentary and suggestive. Or say a letter does pass through winding alleys to a secret address, where the words
走過迂迴的小巷尋找地址,信上的字
are reversed in a painter’s mirror, in the shadow of a dance
畫畫的人把它顛倒在鏡上,跳舞的人
that is the silhouette of flowers on a peeling wall.
把它反映在牆上,染滿了剝落和花影
Delivered so, they are no longer the same words; they drift
收到時不再是原來的字了,自由漂浮
on an expanse of water, held in the surges and ripples of waves.
在一片水上,沾滿了波光的動盪和瀲灔
Like a note in a bottle, my words are found and unravelled
是瓶中的稿給你拾起,當你徐徐展讀
right in front of my eyes and I’m all but undone.
我不免帶着在場的尷尬,不知如何期待
You stare out, then down, recalling—what?
你凝視前面,不知在想什麽,垂下頭
When you look up at me, your eyes both laugh and cry.
又抬起來,好像笑過也好像哭過
You haven’t seen between my lines but read easily the bitterness in the tea.
好像不明紙紋縱橫又像懂得茶的苦澀
Hands on the wheel and looking straight ahead in the mirror,
手擱在駕駛盤上,眼看前邊又似回顧
you take the past born between us and in silence drive off.
仿佛帶着我的心情,你默默地離去