The Resemblance Between Your Life and a Dog罗伯特·布莱

生活与狗之间的相似性冯默谌 译


I never intended to have this life, believe me—
相信我,我从未想过这种生活——
It just happened. You know how dogs turn up
它恰好发生。你知道狗会如何出现
At a farm, and they wag but can’t explain.
在农场,它们摇晃着尾巴,却无法解释。

It’s good if you can accept your life—you’ll notice
那还不错,如果你接受你的生活——你会发现
Your face has become deranged trying to adjust
你的脸已变得畸形,为了适应
To it. Your face thought your life would look
它。在你十岁时,你的脸

Like your bedroom mirror when you were ten.
以为生活如你卧室里的镜子。
That was a clear river touched by mountain wind.
那是条清澈的河流,被山风拂过。
Even your parents can’t believe how much you’ve changed.
甚至连你的父母也不相信你的巨大变化。

Sparrows in winter, if you’ve ever held one, all feathers,
冬日的麻雀,如果你曾捉到一只,所有的羽毛,
Burst out of your hand with a fiery glee.
用力冲出你的手掌,伴随一阵强烈的喜悦。
You see them later in hedges. Teachers praise you,
后来你在篱笆间看到它们。老师们夸奖你,

But you can’t quite get back to the winter sparrow.
而你再也回不到那个冬天,再也找不到那只麻雀。
Your life is a dog. He’s been hungry for miles,
你的生活像一条狗。它已饿了一路。
Doesn’t particularly like you, but gives up, and comes in.
并非因喜欢你,只是没有办法,才走进来。


添加译本