I fellowed sleep who kissed me in the brain,
我与睡眠作伴,它在脑海亲吻我,
Let fall the tear of time; the sleeper’s eye,
任岁月的泪水洒落;入睡的眼睛,
Shifting to light, turned on me like a moon.
转向光,仿佛月亮一样开启我。
So, planing-heeled, I flew along my man
我因此调整脚跟,随着身姿飞翔,
And dropped on dreaming and the upward sky.
坠入了梦境,飘向上浮的天空。
I fled the earth and, naked, climbed the weather,
我逃离大地,赤裸着,飞跃风雨,
Reaching a second ground far from the stars;
抵达远离群星的第二重地界;
And there we wept, I and a ghostly other,
我们哭泣,我及另一个幽魂,
My mothers-eyed, upon the tops of trees;
我母性的目光,闪烁在树梢;
I fled that ground as lightly as a feather.
我逃离那重地界,羽毛般轻盈。
‘My fathers’ globe knocks on its nave and sings.’
“我父辈的地球叩动它的轴心歌唱。”
‘This that we tread was, too, your fathers’ land.’
“我们踩着的土地,也是你父辈的土地。”
‘But we tread bears the angelic gangs,
“我们脚下的土地孕育成群的天使,
Sweet are their fathered faces in their wings.
羽翼下那些慈父的脸庞多么亲切。”
‘These are but dreaming men. Breathe, and they fade.’
“他们不过是些梦中人。吹口气,就会消失。”
Faded my elbow ghost, the mothers-eyed,
消失,我肘边的幽魂,露出母性的目光,
As, blowing on the angels, I was lost
正如我吹拂天使,迷失于
On that cloud coast to each grave-grabbing shade;
云岸,相连每一片攫取墓穴的阴影;
I blew the dreaming fellows to their bed
我将梦中的伙伴吹回到他们的眠床,
Where still they sleep unknowing of their ghost.
他们酣然沉睡,全然不知自己的幽魂。
Then all the matter of the living air
随后空气中活着的万物
Raised up a voice, and, climbing on the words,
抬高了嗓音,而我攀上言词,
I spelt my vision with a hand and hair,
用手和毛发拼写自己的幻象,
How light the sleeping on this soily star,
入睡多么轻盈,在这污秽的星星
How deep the waking in the worlded clouds.
苏醒多么沉重,从那世俗的云层。
There grows the hours’ ladder to the sun,
时光的阶梯向太阳生长,
Each rung a love or losing to the last,
每一级响彻爱或终将消逝,
The inches monkeyed by the blood of man.
寸寸跳动着男人的血液。
An old, mad man still climbing in his ghost,
一位年迈疯子仍在攀缘他的阴魂,
My fathers’ ghost is climbing in the rain.
我父辈的阴魂正在雨中攀缘。