I fellowed sleep who kissed me in the brain,
我与睡眠同行,它在脑中吻我,
Let fall the tear of time; the sleeper’s eye,
任时间之泪坠落;睡眠者的眼睛,
Shifting to light, turned on me like a moon.
转向光明,像一轮月亮落在我身上。
So, planing-heeled, I flew along my man
于是调整脚跟,我沿人们飞翔,
And dropped on dreaming and the upward sky.
然后坠进梦,或升向天空。
I fled the earth and, naked, climbed the weather,
我逃离大地并,赤身裸体地,攀登天气,
Reaching a second ground far from the stars;
抵达远离群星的第二块土地;
And there we wept, I and a ghostly other,
于是我们,和另一个有我母性的
My mothers-eyed, upon the tops of trees;
眼睛的灵魂,在树顶闪耀;
I fled that ground as lightly as a feather.
我如羽毛般轻盈地逃离大地。
‘My fathers’ globe knocks on its nave and sings.’
“我父辈的星球叩响它的轴心并合唱。”
‘This that we tread was, too, your fathers’ land.’
“我们脚踏的,同样,是你父辈的土地。”
‘But we tread bears the angelic gangs,
“但我们脚下的土地承载着一群天使,
Sweet are their fathered faces in their wings.
“他们羽翼中那父亲的脸多么甜蜜。”
‘These are but dreaming men. Breathe, and they fade.’
“可这些仅是梦游者。吹起,便散尽。”
Faded my elbow ghost, the mothers-eyed,
凋零,我肘部的幽灵长着母性的眼睛,
As, blowing on the angels, I was lost
在我,向天使吹起时,迷失附近
On that cloud coast to each grave-grabbing shade;
云岸相连着每一片抓取墓穴的阴影;
I blew the dreaming fellows to their bed
我把那些梦游者吹向他们的床,
Where still they sleep unknowing of their ghost.
那里沉睡的灵魂已对他们陌生。
Then all the matter of the living air
然后,那关于空气的一切物质
Raised up a voice, and, climbing on the words,
升起一个声音,而我,攀登在词中,
I spelt my vision with a hand and hair,
用一只手和头发拼写我所见的景象,
How light the sleeping on this soily star,
光是如何睡在污损的星辰上,
How deep the waking in the worlded clouds.
云朵是多么深刻的觉醒。
There grows the hours’ ladder to the sun,
那里时辰之梯生长向太阳,
Each rung a love or losing to the last,
每一级台阶都是一次爱或失望,直到最后
The inches monkeyed by the blood of man.
人的血肉被一寸寸嘲弄。
An old, mad man still climbing in his ghost,
一个老而疯的人还在他的灵魂中攀登,
My fathers’ ghost is climbing in the rain.
我父辈的灵魂在雨中攀登。