我惯于使唤的牲口飞白 译

Is My Team PloughingA·E·豪斯曼


“我惯于使唤的牲口
“Is my team ploughing,
是否仍在犁田?
   That I was used to drive
我听惯它们的铃铛
And hear the harness jingle
当我还活在人间。”
   When I was man alive?”

是的,铃铛仍在丁当,
Ay, the horses trample,
牲口仍在犁田;
   The harness jingles now;
一切如常,尽管你已躺在
No change though you lie under
你犁过的土地下面。
   The land you used to plough.

“在那河边的滩地
“Is football playing
是否仍比赛足球?
   Along the river shore,
如今当我已不能立起,
With lads to chase the leather,
青年们是否仍追皮球?”
   Now I stand up no more?”

是的,皮球照常在飞,
Ay the ball is flying,
青年们仍鼓足劲头;
   The lads play heart and soul;
球门仍立着,门将仍立着,
The goal stands up, the keeper
努力把球门把守。
   Stands up to keep the goal.

“我的姑娘是否幸福?
“Is my girl happy,
我对她真难以割舍。
   That I thought hard to leave,
到晚上她躺下来安睡,
And has she tired of weeping
是否早已经哭累?”
   As she lies down at eve?”

是的,她躺下得轻松,
Ay, she lies down lightly,
并不是躺下来流泪:
   She lies not down to weep:
你的姑娘心满意足。
Your girl is well contented.
安心吧,朋友,安心地睡。
   Be still, my lad, and sleep.

“我的朋友是否健康,
“Is my friend hearty,
当我已枯萎凋零?
   Now I am thin and pine,
他可曾找到一张好床,
And has he found to sleep in
比我的更为温馨?”
   A better bed than mine?”

是的,我舒适地上床,
Yes, lad, I lie easy,
做青年人爱做的事情;
   I lie as lads would choose;
我抚慰一个死者的对象——
I cheer a dead man’s sweetheart,
切莫问她是谁的恋人。
   Never ask me whose.


添加译本