致羞怯的情人陈黎 译

To His Coy MistressAndrew Marvell


如果我们的世界够大,时间够多,
Had we but world enough and time,
小姐,这样的羞怯就算不上罪过。
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
我们会坐下来,想想该上哪边
We would sit down, and think which way
去散步,度过我们漫漫的爱情天。
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.
你会在印度的恒河河畔
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side
寻得红宝石:我则咕哝抱怨,
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide
傍着洪泊湾的潮汐。我会在
Of Humber would complain. I would
诺亚洪水前十年就将你爱,
Love you ten years before the flood,
你如果高兴,可以一直说不要,
And you should, if you please, refuse
直到犹太人改信别的宗教。
Till the conversion of the Jews.
我植物般的爱情会不断生长,
My vegetable love should grow
比帝国还要辽阔,还要缓慢;
Vaster than empires and more slow;
我会用一百年的时间赞美
An hundred years should go to praise
你的眼睛,凝视你的额眉;
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze;
花两百年爱慕你的每个乳房,
Two hundred to adore each breast,
三万年才赞赏完其他的地方;
But thirty thousand to the rest;
每个部位至少花上一个世代,
An age at least to every part,
在最后一世代才把你的心秀出来。
And the last age should show your heart.
因为,小姐,你值得这样的礼遇,
For, lady, you deserve this state,
我也不愿用更低的格调爱你。
Nor would I love at lower rate.
	可是在我背后我总听见
       But at my back I always hear
时间带翼的马车急急追赶;
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near;
而横陈在我们眼前的
And yonder all before us lie
却是无垠永恒的荒漠。
Deserts of vast eternity.
你的美绝不会再现芳踪,
Thy beauty shall no more be found;
你大理石墓穴里,我的歌声
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
也不会回荡:那时蛆虫将品尝
My echoing song; then worms shall try
你那珍藏已久的贞操,
That long-preserved virginity,
你的矜持会化成灰尘,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
我的情欲会变成灰烬:
And into ashes all my lust;
坟墓是个隐密的好地方,
The grave’s a fine and private place,
但没人会在那里拥抱,我想。
But none, I think, do there embrace.
	因此,现在趁青春色泽
       Now therefore, while the youthful hue
还像朝露在你的肌肤停坐,
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
趁你的灵魂自每个毛孔欣然
And while thy willing soul transpires
散发出即时的火焰,
At every pore with instant fires,
此刻让我们能玩就玩个尽兴;
Now let us sport us while we may,
此刻,像发情的猛禽
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
宁可一口把我们的时光吞掉
Rather at once our time devour
也不要在慢嚼的嘴里虚耗。
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
让我们把所有力气,所有
Let us roll all our strength and all
甜蜜,滚成一个圆球,
Our sweetness up into one ball,
粗鲁狂猛地夺取我们的快感
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
冲破一扇扇人生的铁栅栏:
Through the iron gates of life:
这样,我们虽无法叫太阳
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
驻足,却可使他奔跑向前。
Stand still, yet we will make him run.


1650
添加译本