从这空空的窗望进去
I looked in the empty window
你的书架立在暗影里
Where your easel stood in shadow
扫帚挨着墙角
And the broom leaned in the corner
是我打扫一番后放下的,
As I left it, after sweeping,
那时我们正收拾你的书,你就把它们包好放在车里。
When we cleared away your paintings, and you packed them in the car.
我站在黄昏的微光里
I stood there in the twilight
感觉着黑暗逐步涌来
And I felt the surge of darkness
从屋椽开始涨满
As it flooded from the rafters
淹及你的大门
And came down to touch your door
月光缓缓融化,白昼慢慢冰凉
In the softening of the moonlight, and the cooling of the day.
还记得那鞍架
I remembered how the saddle
挂在一片髹成白色的墙上
Hung along the whitewashed wall, and
衬着你画面黑色的线条
The black outlines of your drawings,
然后朦胧的形状逐渐成形
And the blurred shapes gathering volume
你就站在那片阳光里画着,手上拿着一本书。
As you worked there in the sunlight, with a book beside you hand.
还记得有一天我们正在闲谈
I remembered how the thunder
雷声忽然轰响
Broke one day when we were talking
我们站起来,看着庭院的
And we rose and watched sky blacken
一片天空变黑,雨来了,
In the courtyard, and the rain
斜落在你的窗上,而我们躺着观看雨点滑下。
Came and slanted down your window, and we lay and watched in slide.
我站着,黑暗从天顶
I stood, and darkness thickened
沉下,浓了重了,
As it drifted from the zenith,
悄悄地转身离去,
And I felt the cold of night seep
单衣纤薄,可以感受到
Through the thinness of my shirt
夜寒渗进来,而月色正洒得浑满。
As I turned away in silence, and the moon shone round and full.
走进来在这空空的桌前
I came in to this bare table
靠在我的窗旁,外面高速公路
By my window, where the noise
传来傍晚时分的车声
Of late traffic from the freeway
摇撼了我的思绪,
Shook the balance of my mind,
我感到你的映像在震荡,于是用双手扶稳它。
And I felt your image tremble, and I moved to hold it still.