我与睡眠同行,它在脑中吻我,
I fellowed sleep who kissed me in the brain,
任时间之泪坠落;睡眠者的眼睛,
Let fall the tear of time; the sleeper’s eye,
转向光明,像一轮月亮把我开启。
Shifting to light, turned on me like a moon.
于是调整脚跟,我随身姿飞翔,
So, planing-heeled, I flew along my man
然后坠进梦,或升向天空。
And dropped on dreaming and the upward sky.
我逃离大地并,赤身裸体地,攀登天气,
I fled the earth and, naked, climbed the weather,
抵达远离群星的第二块土地;
Reaching a second ground far from the stars;
于是我们,和另一个有我母性的
And there we wept, I and a ghostly other,
眼睛的灵魂,在树顶闪耀;
My mothers-eyed, upon the tops of trees;
我如羽毛般轻盈地逃离大地。
I fled that ground as lightly as a feather.
“我父辈的星球叩响它的轴心并合唱。”
‘My fathers’ globe knocks on its nave and sings.’
“我们脚踏的,同样,是你父辈的土地。”
‘This that we tread was, too, your fathers’ land.’
“但我们脚下的土地承载着一群天使,
‘But we tread bears the angelic gangs,
“他们羽翼中那父亲的脸多么甜蜜。”
Sweet are their fathered faces in their wings.
“可这些仅是梦游者。吹起,便散尽。”
‘These are but dreaming men. Breathe, and they fade.’
凋零,我肘部的幽灵长着母性的眼睛,
Faded my elbow ghost, the mothers-eyed,
在我,向天使吹起时,迷失附近
As, blowing on the angels, I was lost
云岸相连着每一片抓取墓穴的阴影;
On that cloud coast to each grave-grabbing shade;
我把那些梦游者吹回他们的床,
I blew the dreaming fellows to their bed
那里沉睡的灵魂已对他们陌生。
Where still they sleep unknowing of their ghost.
然后,那关于空气的一切物质
Then all the matter of the living air
升起一个声音,而我,攀登在词中,
Raised up a voice, and, climbing on the words,
用一只手和头发拼写我所见的景象,
I spelt my vision with a hand and hair,
光是如何睡在污损的星辰上,
How light the sleeping on this soily star,
云朵是多么深刻的觉醒。
How deep the waking in the worlded clouds.
那里时辰之梯生长向太阳,
There grows the hours’ ladder to the sun,
每一级台阶都是一次爱或失望,直到最后
Each rung a love or losing to the last,
人的血肉被一寸寸嘲弄。
The inches monkeyed by the blood of man.
一个老而疯的人还在他的灵魂中攀登,
An old, mad man still climbing in his ghost,
我父辈的灵魂在雨中攀登。
My fathers’ ghost is climbing in the rain.