迅速的是这个世纪。如果我是风
Fast is the century. If I were wind
我就会把树皮扒掉
I would have peeled the bark off the trees
把城郊楼房的外墙刮掉。
and the facades off the buildings in the outskirts.
如果我是金子,就会躲藏在地窖里
If I were gold, I would have been hidden in cellars,
在土块深处,在破烂的玩具中
into crumbly earth and among broken toys,
我就会被父辈们遗忘
I would have been forgotten by the fathers,
而他们的儿子们会永远记住我。
and their sons would remember me forever.
如果我是一只狗,我就不会惧怕那些
If I were a dog, I wouldn't have been afraid of
难民,如果我是一个月亮
refugees, if I were a moon
我就不会被处决吓倒。
I wouldn't have been scared of executions.
如果我是墙上的钟
If I wеre a wall clock
我就会遮盖墙上的裂痕。
I would have covered the cracks on the wall.
迅速的是这个世纪。我们从轻微的地震中生还
Fast is the century. We survive the weak earthquakes
目光投向天空,还没来得及看地面。
watching towards the sky, yet not towards the ground.
我们打开窗口让空气流入
We open the windows to let in the air
它来自我们从没去过的地方。
of the places we have never been.
战争并不存在,
Wars don't exist,
因为有人每天都伤着我们的心。
since someone wounds our heart every day.
迅速的是这个世纪。
Fast is the century.
比话语还快。
Faster than the word.
如果我死了,所有人都会相信我
If I were dead, everyone would have believed me
当我保持沉默。
when I kept silent.