我告诉霍普,感觉我身体里所有的
I told Hope it felt like all the cells
细胞都已死去并被更替。
in my body had turned over & died.
所以如今它们在倍增:傍晚我渴望
So now they multiply: evenings I crave
红肉;清晨,蛋黄和滴蜡。
red meat; mornings, egg yolk & candlewax.
你的声音穿过电话,将手指按进
Your voice through the phone presses its finger
我右髋的柔软凹陷处。
into the soft hollow on my right hip.
离你两百英里,我浑身汗湿着入睡,
Two hundred miles from you, I go sweaty
醒来时像雨后般幽暗而丰饶。
to bed, wake up rain-darkened & fertile.
树木因距离而浓密生长,你说
The trees grow thick with distances & you say
你在寻找征兆和异象:
you’re on the lookout for signs & wonders:
歌鸟、豆娘、古老曲调的游丝。
songbirds, damselfly, strains of old music.
九月潮湿而仍旧炎热。苹果的香气弥漫。
September is wet & still hot. Smell of apples.
将你含在我的齿间。我现在明白了,
Taking you between my teeth. I see now,
为什么人们会为此舍弃一生。
why people leave their lives for this.