Falling in Love in North Florida娜塔莉·埃莉诺·帕特森

爱在北佛罗里达光诸 译


I told Hope it felt like all the cells
我告诉霍普,感觉我身体里所有的
in my body had turned over & died.
细胞都已死去并被更替。
So now they multiply: evenings I crave
所以如今它们在倍增:傍晚我渴望
red meat; mornings, egg yolk & candlewax.
红肉;清晨,蛋黄和滴蜡。
Your voice through the phone presses its finger
你的声音穿过电话,将手指按进
into the soft hollow on my right hip.
我右髋的柔软凹陷处。
Two hundred miles from you, I go sweaty
离你两百英里,我浑身汗湿着入睡,
to bed, wake up rain-darkened & fertile.
醒来时像雨后般幽暗而丰饶。
The trees grow thick with distances & you say
树木因距离而浓密生长,你说
you’re on the lookout for signs & wonders:
你在寻找征兆和异象:
songbirds, damselfly, strains of old music.
歌鸟、豆娘、古老曲调的游丝。
September is wet & still hot. Smell of apples.
九月潮湿而仍旧炎热。苹果的香气弥漫。
Taking you between my teeth. I see now,
将你含在我的齿间。我现在明白了,
why people leave their lives for this.
为什么人们会为此舍弃一生。


添加译本